Designstor is looking for an Intermediate Visualization Artist. Could that be you?
Designstor (www.designstor.com) is a creative technology company that provides 3D visualization services, interactive solutions and VR/AR solutions to clients throughout the North American real estate industry and architectural design sector. We pride ourselves in our agility, remarkable capabilities for our size and our knack for pulling off successes that seemed impossible. We foster a collaborative and supportive work environment that values diverse ranges of people and talents. Across the board, we treat our employees, clients, vendors and partners with respect and we thrive on opportunities to learn and extend ourselves.
We are looking for a well-rounded Intermediate Visualization Artist to join our team and work on site in our office in Toronto. The successful candidate will contribute to all aspects of Designstor’s architectural rendering and animation projects, with an emphasis on material and lighting work. We operate in a “no task is too small” environment that encourages openness and learning. You will work as part of a team and be expected to collaborate and communicate well with others.
- 3D Modeling: Create or directly supervise creation of 3-D models of architectural designs according to CAD plans and other reference material; assess project design information supplied and take or recommend appropriate actions to address issues
- Materials & Lighting: Perform materials and lighting set-up work for both still images and animation segments to meet Designstor’s quality standards and project objectives.
- Rendering: Perform all required tasks to optimize and send images to Designstor’s render farm, monitor and manage progress and complete necessary test renders and intermediate steps to streamline utilization of the rendering pipeline’s capacity and boost rendered image quality
- Image Finishing: Use compositing tools and software to perform colour grading and finishing of final images that meet Designstor’s quality standards and project requirements
- Animation Production: Perform work to create storyboards and set-up camera paths; Create or adapt required entourage elements; Render animation segments; Composite and Edit animation segments, including addition of audio productions
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants should possess, as a minimum, the following skills:
- Architectural training OR a demonstrated understanding of architectural terms, concepts and conventions;
- Minimum 3 years of proven visualization experience;
- Demonstrated ability to create photo-realistic interior and exterior renderings from start to finish.
- Excellent knowledge of 3DS Max and V-Ray with advanced lighting and materials/texture skills;
- Expertise and exerience in compositing software such as Fusion or After Effects;
- A keen eye for composition, colour and light;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
Additionally, one or more of the following skills would be an asset:
- Film and/or digital photography;
- Animation and related production capabilities; and
- Video editing & compositing.
Work in Canada Status:
Applicants for this position must be legally able to work in Canada.
We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and skills, benefits coverage and paid overtime.
Interested? Kindly send a brief note about yourself and accompanying resume with a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: This is a full time, staff position. We do not accept applications from freelancers or agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
- 3D visualization: 3 years (Required)